Arbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connection

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Introduce yourself
 Whaur's a'body ?  
 New Topic   Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
whaurs_abody
Wee Haggis

whaurs_abody

Scotland
3 Posts
Last here:
21 Nov 2006
Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  5:20:37 PM Show Profile Visit whaurs_abody's HomepageSend whaurs_abody a Private Message
Hi there

Came across this site when bored at work this week and thought it rude not drop a wee line to say 'Hello'

I'm a native lichtie who's currently working in the West, although I'm back in the town every couple of weeks to catch up with family and for a couple of sly pints when the opportunity arises.

It's funny that when you're younger, you can't wait to get out of Arbroath and go and see the wider world but once you've had your fill of the bright lights and bustle of city life, you realize what you're missing was there all along.

So an escape plan is in operation...

A' the best...
GaryT
Master Smokie

GaryT

United Kingdom
1001 Posts
Last here:
10 Dec 2010
Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  5:47:46 PM Show Profile Visit GaryT's HomepageSend GaryT a Private Message
Welcome to the forum whaurs abody!

GT
whaurs_abody
Wee Haggis

whaurs_abody

Scotland
3 Posts
Last here:
21 Nov 2006
Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  5:48:54 PM Show Profile Visit whaurs_abody's HomepageSend whaurs_abody a Private Message
They're a' at the Croon !
GaryT
Master Smokie

GaryT

United Kingdom
1001 Posts
Last here:
10 Dec 2010
Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  5:51:25 PM Show Profile Visit GaryT's HomepageSend GaryT a Private Message
Sounds good to me[smile]

GT
ally
Wee Smokie

ally

Arbroath, Scotland
343 Posts
Last here:
18 Jan 2014
Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  7:11:48 PM Show Profile Visit ally's HomepageSend ally a Private Message
its true lived in croydon so now appreciate the old town away from the rat race

ally the red
redlichtie1967
Haggis Supper (with extra sauce)

redlichtie1967

United Kingdom
150 Posts
Last here:
01 Sep 2009
Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  07:18:28 AM Show Profile Visit redlichtie1967's HomepageSend redlichtie1967 a Private Message
I agree, lived in Leeds for 15years but the pull of the sea was too strong so am back home again and never been happier. Do miss the shops in Leeds though!

Lorna
keith
Master Smokie

United Kingdom
2714 Posts
Last here:
04 Jun 2017
Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  08:38:38 AM Show ProfileSend keith a Private Message
For many years the pull tugged at me and in some ways still does but i now find home is where my bed is [smile]
grant
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
3 Posts
Last here:
13 Mar 2011
Posted - 19 Nov 2006 :  11:54:39 PM Show Profile Visit grant's HomepageSend grant a Private Message
seems to me the toon is going the same way as many others.
If you go to the malls in Dundee or Portsmouth you wouldnt have a clue to where you were. Theyre all the same. The Seaforth looked like a tip for a long time before the fire. The plans Ive seen seem pretty reasonable to me. How can you block the sea veiw along there. Doesnt the pool the signal tower and the auction shed at the harbour already do that? Seems to me a bit of nimby going on here.

grant anderson
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.39 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *