All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Introduce yourself
 helmhistorians  
 New Topic   Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
helmhistorians
Wee Haggis

helmhistorians

7 Posts
Last here:
28 Feb 2007
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  10:06:52 AM Show Profile Visit helmhistorians's HomepageSend helmhistorians a Private Message
Hi,we are a group of Trainees at Helm Training based in Arbroath. We have decided to do a group project on the history and heritage of Arbroath. So if there is anybody out there that would like to help us with with our research please feel free to contact us.

Thanks Helm Historians
David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4397 Posts
Last here:
24 Mar 2019
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  10:55:22 AM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message
Hi team Helm!

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you need to be a bit more specific about exactly what you are looking?

David Spink
helmhistorians
Wee Haggis

helmhistorians

7 Posts
Last here:
28 Feb 2007
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  11:04:36 AM Show Profile Visit helmhistorians's HomepageSend helmhistorians a Private Message
Hi we are going to be looking into topics such as :
Famous Arbrothians
Arbroath Smokies
Opening of Victoria Park
Railway Station
Arbroath Abbey
Signal Tower
Arbroath Harbour
The Water Tower
Declaration of Arbroath
Kerrs Railway
Arbroath Football Team

We are going to be adding to this list as we get into the project so if there is anything we have missed please let us know and also any info or photos that could help us would be greatly appreciated.
David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4397 Posts
Last here:
24 Mar 2019
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  11:33:19 AM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message
OK, great. Have a look at our picture gallery on the main site, and also try searching the Forum on some of those terms and you are sure to find lots of information!

David Spink
XPotential
Wee Haggis

XPotential

United Kingdom
43 Posts
Last here:
06 Mar 2009
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  3:12:51 PM Show Profile Visit XPotential's HomepageSend XPotential a Private Message
I think you should check out 'The History of the Smokie', a fantastic film available now on DVD priced 10....but then I would say that wouldn't I? [winking]

Shoppie thread here: (http://live.theshoppie.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=996)

Ross

"Photography does not so much confirm our experience of the world as it actively constructs it." AS-G
Or on a less academic note; "Keef cannot be killed by conventional weapons."
helmhistorians
Wee Haggis

helmhistorians

7 Posts
Last here:
28 Feb 2007
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  3:36:54 PM Show Profile Visit helmhistorians's HomepageSend helmhistorians a Private Message
Hi thanks for that we will need to speak to the powers that be first and see if we have the funds to buy it.

Thanks Helm Historians
Sandstone
TheShoppie Forum Admin

Sandstone

Sandstone is a forum sponsor!
Canada
1020 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  5:36:43 PM Show ProfileSend Sandstone a Private Message
I think you could do your complete project from the information in the Shoppie Threads.....

Sandstone party See you on "TheShoppie"
Sandstone
TheShoppie Forum Admin

Sandstone

Sandstone is a forum sponsor!
Canada
1020 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 01 Feb 2007 :  5:54:09 PM Show ProfileSend Sandstone a Private Message
Now, having read the Helm site, I agree with all you are trying to accomplish.
So here is my offer:
Do the research, which is fun and part of the learning experience.
Draft up your project in sections.
I will be delighted to review these sections and offer some tips as to content and presentaion.
First of all make an outline:
Section 1, Explain what you are researching and why.
Section 2, First major topic
Section 2, Second major topic
Section 3, Third major topic
Section 4, Overall what you learned and any broad conclusions.

You can divide topics to research between team members, then discuss the results prior to writing the drafts.
Edit, then present.
Fewer topics well researched are often more interesting than many topics skimmed.
ok?

Sandstone party See you on "TheShoppie"
helmhistorians
Wee Haggis

helmhistorians

7 Posts
Last here:
28 Feb 2007
Posted - 05 Feb 2007 :  11:03:45 AM Show Profile Visit helmhistorians's HomepageSend helmhistorians a Private Message
Thanks for that offer it sounds very helpful.we are just at the initial setting up stage of the project, so we will keep you posted on how we are getting on

Thanks Helm Historians
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 05 Feb 2007 :  8:43:59 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message
hi helms i have some info on the miniture railway, the west links, the old bathing pool, and elliot junction as i done it for my old work at the west links it is old and new if it helps also try the website for st andrews uni photo gallery as they have some cracking photos u could use

s hogg
helmhistorians
Wee Haggis

helmhistorians

7 Posts
Last here:
28 Feb 2007
Posted - 06 Feb 2007 :  09:39:54 AM Show Profile Visit helmhistorians's HomepageSend helmhistorians a Private Message
oh wow thats great thanks very much. Thanks for the support.

Helm Historians
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 06 Feb 2007 :  6:54:55 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message
where is the helms training base and i could some of the photos emailed to you if you give me a email address on my private messages i have quite a few on file here this is the web address for the st andrews uni pics put this in and type in arbroath you should get a few good pics off that
http://special.st-andrews.ac.uk/saspecial/index.php hope it goes well for you

s hogg
helmhistorians
Wee Haggis

helmhistorians

7 Posts
Last here:
28 Feb 2007
Posted - 07 Feb 2007 :  11:25:48 AM Show Profile Visit helmhistorians's HomepageSend helmhistorians a Private Message
Hi thanks that would be great you can email me at {snipped} or you can send them to

Vicky Roberts
Helm Training
30 Dishlandtown Street
Arbroath
DD11 1XQ

Thanks

*email address removed by Siteadmin david - please don't include email addresses in forum posts it just means you'll get even more spam I'm afraid!
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.41 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *