Famous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about Arbroath

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Introduce yourself
 I'm new to the site  
 New Topic   Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic 
malcarch
Wee Haggis

malcarch

United Kingdom
7 Posts
Last here:
23 Feb 2009
Posted - 25 Feb 2007 :  12:36:30 PM Show Profile Visit malcarch's HomepageSend malcarch a Private Message
Just signing on and saying hello to all the members. I haven't lived in Arbroath since 1964 when I left to join the Royal Navy. Always considered the place my home town as I went to Hayshead primary school then Arbroath High. When people ask where I'm from I always say Arbroath, where the Smokies come from (not surprisingly!). My parents left Arbroath when I joined the Navy so I never returned but wondered what may have come of the people and neighbours I new.
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 25 Feb 2007 :  3:30:59 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message
Welcome malcarch!
stan
Senior Smokie

stan

Canada
793 Posts
Last here:
02 Jun 2015
Posted - 26 Feb 2007 :  2:56:29 PM Show Profile Visit stan's HomepageSend stan a Private Message
Hi Scratch...How ya doin'? Cheers Stan
philip
Senior Smokie

philip

Arbroath, Scotland
613 Posts
Last here:
12 Oct 2012
Posted - 26 Feb 2007 :  6:53:56 PM Show Profile Visit philip's HomepageSend philip a Private Message
welcome and look forward to your views.

If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass!
Jim-m
Senior Smokie

United Kingdom
481 Posts
Last here:
08 Jul 2012
Posted - 26 Feb 2007 :  7:37:14 PM Show Profile Visit Jim-m's HomepageSend Jim-m a Private Message
Welcome[big grin]
malcarch
Wee Haggis

malcarch

United Kingdom
7 Posts
Last here:
23 Feb 2009
Posted - 02 Mar 2007 :  12:31:47 PM Show Profile Visit malcarch's HomepageSend malcarch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by stan

Hi Scratch...How ya doin'? Cheers Stan

Hello Stan

Is that "big Stan"? Or at least you were at 15! Must be as I haven't been called Scratch since schooldays. Been called lots since. So, you're in Canada. Retired now or what? I'm running an insurance business in South East England, where I've been since about '72. I remember names like Doug Livingstone (he was either banged up or became a successful entrepreneur) and some lovely young women like Irene Lindsay and Pauline Plawecsi (I'm not sure of the spelling). Gotta be careful because somebody may have married them!
Anyhoo, hope you are well and also hope I remembered the right person!!
stan
Senior Smokie

stan

Canada
793 Posts
Last here:
02 Jun 2015
Posted - 02 Mar 2007 :  2:43:48 PM Show Profile Visit stan's HomepageSend stan a Private Message
Thats me Malcolm..Im in Canada and nowhere near retiring..I just started a new company a few years ago involved im mobile marketing(texting etc)...No idea what happenned to Spuggy Livingstone however your probably right either way..Havent seen Pauline really since school or Irene..I was in a band with Irenes brother Jackie for a number of years(theres a picture under "entertainers of the 60s") and last saw him about 5 years ago in a town not far from Toronto...Good to hear from you!! (Unfortunately Im now even bigger but not in hight???)
philip
Senior Smokie

philip

Arbroath, Scotland
613 Posts
Last here:
12 Oct 2012
Posted - 02 Mar 2007 :  11:37:50 PM Show Profile Visit philip's HomepageSend philip a Private Message
modesty is self proclaimed vice lol

If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass!
  Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.41 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *