Famous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about Arbroath

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Arbroath People
 Bob Smart  
Welcome to the Arbroath People List!

Maintain or make your entry :: View the new Arbroath People webpage

AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
smartbob
Wee Haggis

Scotland
1 Posts
Last here:
18 Jun 2008
Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  3:10:37 PM Show Profile Visit smartbob's HomepageSend smartbob a Private Message Reply with Quote
Name: Bob Smart
Born: Glasgow
Current Location: Arbroath

Hi....I taught Science at the Academy from 1966-1996...did you have to put up with me? ...hahahah
piebob
Master Smokie

piebob

United Kingdom
1729 Posts
Last here:
06 Feb 2010
Posted - 23 Jun 2008 :  06:28:51 AM Show Profile Visit piebob's HomepageSend piebob a Private Message Reply with Quote
yep sure did had you for science in the 70s and tanker rob for tech i was in purple shirley was in green lol

piebob
Stoory
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
10 Posts
Last here:
26 Jun 2008
Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  1:01:33 PM Show Profile Visit Stoory's HomepageSend Stoory a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

Yes i remember you very well. I started the Academy in 1978 (i think) Name is Stephen Muir used to get called Stoory (still do when i come back home).
I seem to remember i was the first one in my year to get the belt, and it was you who gave it to me. LOL. God what a claim to fame that is (NOT).
I have lots of fond memories from school and still keep in touch with some friends over the years.
shirley
Senior Smokie

shirley

Scotland
789 Posts
Last here:
19 Sep 2009
Posted - 05 Jul 2008 :  10:37:20 PM Show Profile Visit shirley's HomepageSend shirley a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hey piebob i wasnt in green i was in amber silly u. but maybe ur memory aint what it used 2 b lol. i remember mr smart also he was a gd teacher as i can remember but i only remember him for marrying geoff rossses mum. his bro was in my bros class.

MOI
stu
Wee Haggis

stu

Scotland
43 Posts
Last here:
26 Oct 2009
Posted - 13 Jul 2008 :  3:58:14 PM Show Profile Visit stu's HomepageSend stu a Private Message Reply with Quote
Aye Bob You where the softest teacher there, and i was ur worse nightmare lol. We just didnt get on ha ha; i thought u would be pushing up daisies by now ha ha do you still keep in touch with the rest of the t******s?.

ian stewart
stoorie
Wee Haggis

3 Posts
Last here:
10 Jan 2013
Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  11:57:52 AM Show Profile Visit stoorie's HomepageSend stoorie a Private Message Reply with Quote

Iam not very good at this so if you get 2 of these saying much less the same you`ll know school never really done much for me.

Do you have a son called Andrew? I left the Academy around 1984 i think ,and am trying to get in touch with people i knew then as i dont live in Arbroath anymore. My name then was Debbie Shepherd.

Scot
Wee Haggis

Scotland
1 Posts
Last here:
26 Feb 2009
Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  09:29:59 AM Show Profile Visit Scot's HomepageSend Scot a Private Message Reply with Quote

Hi Bob, or should I say, Mr Smart. Aye, I got you for my Higher Biology after I was moved out of Mrs Cathro's class for, I presume, being a disruption. Odd, really, as I wasn't that a bad pupil. I was in your class in 1986-87.

I mind you completely mauling a rabbit. That lesson stands out, somewhat.

How's life?

Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  5:50:02 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
I SURE DID!! CAROLINE BEATTIE BACK THEN,NOW SHAND,HAVE TUTTIES NEUK,LEFT ACADEMY IN 1976 THEY WERE THE BEST DAYS!

[Moderator edit]
Carol, please don't write in all capitals. It makes it seem like you're SHOUTING ALL THE TIME.
fredc
Wee Haggis

Scotland
20 Posts
Last here:
09 May 2013
Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  7:12:35 PM Show Profile Visit fredc's HomepageSend fredc a Private Message Reply with Quote
Yes Bob, I certainly did have to put up with you! Biology – 1968 ish. I received many a good lashing, all no doubt well and truly deserved! big grin

Best Regards

Fred Carrie
bigstu
Wee Haggis

bigstu

Arbroath, Scotland
31 Posts
Last here:
23 Dec 2013
Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  4:14:05 PM Show Profile Visit bigstu's HomepageSend bigstu a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Bob never took Biology so didnt have the pleasure lol!Was having a laugh thinking about all the nicknames for the teachers when i was at the Cad. I had Pinner Broon for Physics,Plooky Paterson for English.Tanker Robb for techy,to name but a few also i recall Hitler Broon,Sweaty Betty,Booboo Law,Granny Bruce,Noddy Holder,Skinny Cameron,Gorf Milne,Batman Sturrock.Ah happy days!!devildevil
Brian Dickson
Wee Smokie

Brian Dickson

USA
371 Posts
Last here:
07 Dec 2018
Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  1:51:45 PM Show Profile Visit Brian Dickson's HomepageSend Brian Dickson a Private Message Reply with Quote
Ah Mr Smart, you were 4 years of calmness in the midst of my stormy youth. You were a great teacher but alas I was a bad pupil, there was simply to many heads sitting in front of you to to give me the attention I obviously needed. Also there was just to much going on outside your panoramic classroom window.

Seriously; looking back, I can't imagine how teachers found the resolve to step into that battleground we called the classroom. Some, we heard whispers, found their courage in a bottle while other found relief in the leather strap and who could blame them. Our class for example composed of 39 unruly boys was surly a herculean challenge.

I have a dear lifelong friend who recently took early retirement from teaching in Dundee, he explained to me "I HAD TO QUIT, before I killed a pupil." Apparently high school children of today are considerably more problematic and disrespectful than our generation, who would have thunk it? at wits end

A New Years Resolution; something that goes in one year and out the other.
Pétanque
Wee Smokie

France
220 Posts
Last here:
04 Aug 2018
Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  7:03:02 PM Show ProfileSend Pétanque a Private Message Reply with Quote
Oh yes, I remember YOU! I dont have fond memories of your classes, however I was probably a difficult child.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.5 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *