Famous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about Arbroath

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Arbroath Genealogy
 Anderson, Allan  
Welcome to the Arbroath Genealogy Research Page!

Maintain or make your entry :: View the Genealogy Research web page

AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
Aljack
Wee Haggis

USA
6 Posts
Last here:
15 May 2014
Posted - 03 Jan 2009 :  1:11:43 PM Show Profile Visit Aljack's HomepageSend Aljack a Private Message Reply with Quote

I am researching the Andersons of Arbroath & Saint
vigeans.
John Anderson & Jean Alexander married in
May 1770 in Saint Vigeans.
David Anderson & Helen Waddell in Saint Vigeans
December 1800.
Alexander Anderson & Elizabeth Skiving Allan married 1844 Arbroath

Betty Stewart
Wee Haggis

Canada
1 Posts
Last here:
08 Apr 2009
Posted - 08 Apr 2009 :  5:54:57 PM Show Profile Visit Betty Stewart's HomepageSend Betty Stewart a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hello:

John Anderson & Jean Alexander were my 5x great grandparents.  Although I haven't been concentrating on this line of my family for a while now, I have been researching for 30 years and with the help of family and other researchers, the following is a brief outline of my connection:

1.  John Anderson & Jean Alexander - 11 known children

2.  son David Anderson m. Helen Waddell - 8 known children

3.  son Alexander Anderson m. Elizabeth ("Betsy") Skirving Allan - 7 known children

4.  son James Anderson m. Mary Bowman - 12 known children

5.  son Frank Bowman Anderson m. Lizzie Jane Bogue Whyte (3 daughters born in Arbroath and 1 son born in Canada) (all deceased)

6.  daughter Lillian Roy Anderson m. Richard George Harrison (my grandparents).  They had 2 daughters & 1 son (all living).  I am descended through their eldest daughter.

As far as I know, James & Mary's family home at 6 Hillend Road in Arbroath is still standing and occupied according to a photo taken a couple of years ago.  I had the opportunity to travel to Arbroath in 1977 and took a paddle boat ride on Keptie Pond.  The old house at 6 Hillend Road was in great condition, but there was no one home during the time we were there.  James Anderson was a well-known Flax Merchant in Arbroath.  You will find records in St. Vigeans & Arbroath for this family line.  The family tree is rather extensive, with many branches which go back quite a ways with respect to the families associated with the Andersons.

I know this is very brief and doesn't include dates, places, etc., but if would like further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.  How do you fit into this family?

Cheers,
Betty Stewart
British Columbia, Canada

David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4394 Posts
Last here:
4 days ago
Posted - 08 Apr 2009 :  6:32:57 PM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message Reply with Quote

6 Hillend Road. Thought you might like to see this - taken by Google summer 2008.

David Spink
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2542 Posts
Last here:
4 days ago
Posted - 05 Jul 2009 :  3:13:52 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
There was an early view of Hill end road in the herald a few weeks back, taken from the newly built water tower. Only a small portion of the houses on the street were then built.

Aljack
Wee Haggis

USA
6 Posts
Last here:
15 May 2014
Posted - 16 Jan 2014 :  7:46:37 PM Show Profile Visit Aljack's HomepageSend Aljack a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Betty

Are you still interested in the Anderson Tree? If you are I have made some progress

with the various parts of the family. Contact at aanderson539@verizon.net.

Allan Anderson
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
724 Posts
Last here:
3 days ago
Posted - 17 Jan 2014 :  8:50:03 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
When I lived in Hillend Road with my late parents there were Andersons at Nos 12 (Thomas Anderson and family), No16 (Syd Anderson & family ) and No 20 ( William A Anderson) and at No 6 HILLEND ROAD , there was Mr & Mrs Robert Lockhart and family .

pat w a

keptie
Aljack
Wee Haggis

USA
6 Posts
Last here:
15 May 2014
Posted - 15 May 2014 :  01:33:06 AM Show Profile Visit Aljack's HomepageSend Aljack a Private Message Reply with Quote
Ihave a letter from Mrs I.B.Lockhart detailing the ownership of 6 Hillend Road.

House was buil around 1887 by James Anderson my relative.They lived there for a number of years

It was sold to a sea captain.He lived there until 1927 when he sold it to Mrs Lockart mother.

Do you have any information on the other Andersons living at Hillend Road.

Allan Anderson
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2012 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.39 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *