Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Arbroath People
 Amy Cargill  
Welcome to the Arbroath People List!

Maintain or make your entry :: View the new Arbroath People webpage

AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
amycargill
Wee Haggis

amycargill

USA
2 Posts
Last here:
29 Mar 2012
Posted - 28 Feb 2009 :  03:04:46 AM Show Profile Visit amycargill's HomepageSend amycargill a Private Message Reply with Quote
Name: Amy Cargill

Current Location: USA

I descend from Cargills and Boaths of Arbroath. I would like to connect with someone from these families. My grandfather, Alfred William Farquhar Menmuir Cargill, Jr was born in Arbroath in 1901. His mother was Isabella Boath from the same town.
ph6wimb
Wee Haggis

1 Posts
Last here:
12 Oct 2012
Posted - 18 Oct 2009 :  11:27:05 PM Show Profile Visit ph6wimb's HomepageSend ph6wimb a Private Message Reply with Quote

Hi Amy - Alfred Cargill b.1901 had twin brothers, George & James b.1903.  The whole family emigrated to Philadelphia in the 1920's and James' wife followed with their baby son in 1928. I have Isabella Boath / Alfred W. F. M. Cargill's marriage certificate and also son James marriage cert. (my interest) and a little more which may help you.

Regards

sandra vanZyl
Wee Haggis

Canada
1 Posts
Last here:
01 Dec 2009
Posted - 01 Dec 2009 :  11:29:22 PM Show Profile Visit sandra vanZyl's HomepageSend sandra vanZyl a Private Message Reply with Quote

Hi Amy,

My middle name is Cargill, named after one of my father's parents I believe.  My father was Joseph Cargill Smart and I know that when I visited Arbroath back in 1966 his parents (my granparents) lived on High Street.  He was one of eight kids, there was my dad, then Andrew (Andy) Mary, Isabel, Sheila(who eventually moved on to Canada then to Australia), and I can't recall any of the other siblings names.  My Uncle Andy had two sets of twin girls and a single girl. 

I think all tolled I have about 30 first cousins that all lived in Arbroath back in the 60's.  I wonder if you know of any of my relatives.  It's kind of fun trying to find people that you really don't know.

Anyway, I will look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers from across the pond!

Sandra (Smart) vanZyl

richmond1
Wee Haggis

Scotland
1 Posts
Last here:
23 Apr 2010
Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  3:16:51 PM Show Profile Visit richmond1's HomepageSend richmond1 a Private Message Reply with Quote
hi ph6wimb
i have george cargill born 7/3/1903, twin brother of james in my family tree.
he went to USA in 1923 and married agnes nisbet.
please get in touch so we can share information on the family.
warmest regards
margaret
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.31 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *