A select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture gallery

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Arbroath People
 Alastair Kidd  
Welcome to the Arbroath People List!

Maintain or make your entry :: View the new Arbroath People webpage

AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
al_ramone
Wee Haggis

Scotland
4 Posts
Last here:
26 Oct 2016
Posted - 15 Jan 2010 :  4:44:40 PM Show Profile Visit al_ramone's HomepageSend al_ramone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Name: Alastair Kidd
DOB: 1961
Place of birth: Arbroath RI
Current Location: Scotland

Lived in Arbroath from 1961-1963, don't remember much! Visit as often as poss - still got family in the town, as well as Carnoustie, Broughty, Dundee and Kirrie.
Went to PE college in south of England and met Fraser Cargill from the town, and Carol Gair from London, whose Grandad was in my Grandad's class in primary school! Dad also Alastair Kidd - he married Elspeth Nicoll from Carnoustie. Uncle Ron Kidd still lives in town. Great Uncle Bill Reid taught art at High School before moving on to Hospitalfield
Grandad was Arch Kidd grocer and butcher.
Philip Petrie
Senior Smokie

Philip Petrie

United Kingdom
406 Posts
Last here:
21 Apr 2014
Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  06:42:52 AM Show Profile Visit Philip Petrie's HomepageSend Philip Petrie a Private Message Reply with Quote
I remember your Grandfather very well , we stayed at the prefabs at the Elms and your grandfather had at that time the little shoppie on Cairnie Road , also knew your Father but know your Uncle Ron very well ,Im sitting hererolling on the floor at the moment for there are some wonderfull memories rolling about my head at the moment of your Grandad, no credit cards then , can just see it now as if it was yesterday , aye Mr Kidd or Mrs Kidd if it was your Granny ( aye she was a nice wiffie ) Mums needin a half loaf , 1/2 pint o'milk , pund o' sugar , an a 1/2 pund o' echo marg., jist pit it on the " tick book " aye OK then , nae problem ata'
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 04 May 2013 :  10:57:05 AM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
was that ron kidd that worked at Lambs garage
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
889 Posts
Last here:
02 Mar 2019
Posted - 04 May 2013 :  11:30:58 AM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Al romone ! So your related to Carnoustie born Stuart Nicoll an advocate in Edinburgh and to former sunday Post editor Russell Reid ! Your parents live in a new city up north in Scotland then ...

p

keptie
Alec
Wee Haggis

Arbroath, Scotland
10 Posts
Last here:
10 Aug 2016
Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  3:27:03 PM Show ProfileSend Alec a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Alastair .. read your comments and your great uncle Bill Reid rang a bell . I'm not being disrespectful but did he have quite a few marks on his face and neck .. possibly due to the change of the body in his youth .. he was an excellent art teacher and I hadn't thought of him in years lol .. he had a lot of patience especially with my wild class .. anyway I hope alls well with you and keep well !

Alec
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.31 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *