Arbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connection
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 History & Information
 Arbroath YouTube videos
 Arbroath Footage  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
Planter
Master Smokie

Planter

USA
1266 Posts
Last here:
26 Dec 2015
Posted - 04 Apr 2011 :  04:42:13 AM Show Profile Visit Planter's HomepageSend Planter a Private Message Reply with Quote
Found this on YT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E76qLbYPNqg

Planter

For, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
teddy
Wee Haggis

teddy

Arbroath, Scotland
1 Posts
Last here:
21 Jun 2011
Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  12:22:37 PM Show Profile Visit teddy's HomepageSend teddy a Private Message Reply with Quote
I also found this video of Arbroath Harbour

http://vimeo.com/12110542
Timeshift
Wee Smokie

Timeshift

Arbroath, Scotland
243 Posts
Last here:
14 Feb 2015
Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  09:08:07 AM Show Profile Visit Timeshift's HomepageSend Timeshift a Private Message Reply with Quote
Taken as part of a local video in 1982, great to see how busy the high street was

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=64D3860A92524865%21213

"I知 going off to find myself. If I知 not back by the time I return, keep me here."
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  10:49:42 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
just seen this doing the rounds on facebook.

Just shows you how mobbed the place was when we lived our lives locally!
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
376 Posts
Last here:
Today
Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  7:57:25 PM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
Jings! Real interesting. Has anyone spotted themselves? The video particularly reminds me of one Xmas, arriving c. 5 a.m. from London (or Hastings), only to drive up Commerce Street the wrong way. Some idiot had reversed the direction of flow!
Brian Dickson
Wee Smokie

Brian Dickson

USA
371 Posts
Last here:
07 Dec 2018
Posted - 07 Feb 2015 :  9:31:19 PM Show Profile Visit Brian Dickson's HomepageSend Brian Dickson a Private Message Reply with Quote
Haha Pete, Did the same thing myself drove up Ladybridge St from the harbour.
Strange thing about Commerce St, they have probably changed the one way traffic direction since your last visit. So next time YOUR GOOD TO GO!

Derek, I saw this thread for the first time on The Shoppie this morning, but by 2pm Pacific time it was ALL OVER Facebook. Small World huh?

A New Years Resolution; something that goes in one year and out the other.
Timeshift
Wee Smokie

Timeshift

Arbroath, Scotland
243 Posts
Last here:
14 Feb 2015
Posted - 09 Feb 2015 :  9:31:37 PM Show Profile Visit Timeshift's HomepageSend Timeshift a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi all, I've just posted the original High Street footage on tube, not the redlichtie version which runs three minutes short and has been edited, which came as a surprise as the video is on my onedrive which I assumed to be secure,, think the faces are clearer on the original......

"I知 going off to find myself. If I知 not back by the time I return, keep me here."
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  12:39:37 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus-the-mearns/video-arbroath-in-1982-proves-an-irresistible-destination-1.831254
Timeshift
Wee Smokie

Timeshift

Arbroath, Scotland
243 Posts
Last here:
14 Feb 2015
Posted - 10 Feb 2015 :  8:38:03 PM Show Profile Visit Timeshift's HomepageSend Timeshift a Private Message Reply with Quote
Thanks Derek, just read the story, bit of a shame really, I posted the video for historical and social interest ,which unfortunately wasn't really portrayed in the article, surprised to see it made a story, Bob

Snabaw
Wee Haggis

Snabaw

United Kingdom
1 Posts
Last here:
26 Jul 2016
Posted - 19 Jun 2015 :  11:54:07 AM Show ProfileSend Snabaw a Private Message Reply with Quote
Good to see the town of old. Sad to see all those big old buildings gone now because of that carriageway though.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.39 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *