A select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture gallery

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 History & Information
 Arbroath Books & Publications
 Arbroath Books - INTRODUCTION  
** Browse the Book section more easily on the Books page **

AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
-EDITOR-
Forum Administrator

-EDITOR-

-EDITOR- is a forum sponsor!
Arbroath, Scotland
2733 Posts
Last here:
24 Mar 2019
Posted - 01 Jan 2005 :  8:00:21 PM Show Profile Visit -EDITOR-'s Homepage Reply with Quote
We often come across information giving details of books and publications which relate in some way to Arbroath and the surrounding area. We aim to record information about such books in this Forum. You can't post directly into this Forum, however if anyone has information about a book not listed - or further information, or corrections, about one which is listed then please let us know.

TheShoppie.com Team
Mike Gyles
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
1 Posts
Last here:
30 Aug 2017
Posted - 02 Aug 2017 :  08:48:37 AM Show ProfileSend Mike Gyles a Private Message Reply with Quote
Visitors to the site may be interested in a book that I've self published. Entitled 'Processed Peas, Macaroon Bars, Warm Pork Pies & Well Made Bras' - you've got to read it to find out why!!- this 146,000 word memoir has been principally written with my grandchildren and future generations in mind. However, as much of the first half of the book covers my memories of growing up and being educated in Arbroath, it will be a nostalgic read for those of us who can 'mind lang syne'

Taking note of site rules I've got to stress that the book is not commercially available and I have no personal financial interest in promoting it. Besides, anyone who has self published in the past will know that it costs the best part of an arm and half a leg to do so. However, after covering costs, any surplus donations are being forwarded to the charity, Motor Neurone Disease Association.

Anyone who'd like a copy should let me know - I'll be checking theshoppie.com on a weekly basis - and I'll confirm how I can get it to you. NB - I'll be making a trip up to Scotland in October.

If you want to find out more, or simply re-establish contact, get in touch. None of us is getting any younger!!

Mike Gyles

Mike Gyles
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 15 Aug 2017 :  9:00:20 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Can't wait to read your book Mike. Hope youve had a chance to read over some of the great posts and topics in the Forum on this site. Great memories
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.38 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *