Arbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connection

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 News
 Arbroath in the news
 new replacement lifeboat arbroath in due course  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
877 Posts
Last here:
3 days ago
Posted - 01 May 2014 :  7:22:02 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
I see in the Arbroath herald for 25th April 2014 that Arbroath lifeboat station is to get a replacement lifeboat for the present lifeboat "inchcape " which is a Mersey class lifeboat and the station is to get a new SHANNON lifeboat . This new Shannon lifeboat is the first modern RNLI all weather lifeboat to be powered by water jets instead of propellers and making her faster and more manoeuvrable when reaching casualties .

Launch and recovery trials of the Shannon are set to take place at Arbroath later this year .

will the new lifeboat be able to be launched from the lifeboat shed into the water or will she be like many others around the UK who are stationed in the harbour and are called out from the harbour with no launch from a lifeboat shed . I remember as a young lad in Arbroath the Arbroath lifeboat shed was extended to allow the newer and larger lifeboats of the 1950s or maybe was it the 1960s access into the Lifeboat shed . I recall Arbroath lifeboat shed is one of a few now left in the UK that is able to be housed inside a lifeboat shed .

Pat W A

keptie
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2433 Posts
Last here:
29 Aug 2018
Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  11:27:23 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
I have never seen this before.. Is this a regular occurrence nowadays??

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2433 Posts
Last here:
29 Aug 2018
Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  08:49:48 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
Is there anyone that knows about this ?? Derek Robertson ??

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.36 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *