Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 News
 Member Announcements
 newpaper archives from 1950's  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
warddykes
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
26 Posts
Last here:
02 Dec 2015
Posted - 04 Jun 2014 :  8:18:21 PM Show ProfileSend warddykes a Private Message Reply with Quote
I need to find an article, which I think would have been in the Herald (don't think there was any other paper in Arbroath in the 50s) Can anyone tell me how to find it. thanks.

Trish Richardson
Sandstone
TheShoppie Forum Admin

Sandstone

Sandstone is a forum sponsor!
Canada
1027 Posts
Last here:
Today
Posted - 04 Jun 2014 :  9:01:18 PM Show ProfileSend Sandstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
There was certainly the Herald, but also the Guide.
Many members here can help you, but they will need details as to what you are looking for. The more you can provide, the better the response I figure.

Cheers

Sandstone party See you on "TheShoppie"
Pensioner busybody
Wee Smokie

United Kingdom
204 Posts
Last here:
21 Jul 2018
Posted - 04 Jun 2014 :  9:16:14 PM Show ProfileSend Pensioner busybody a Private Message Reply with Quote
you can mail them n tis address news@arbroathherald.co.uk. Alternatively, Telephone: 01241 872274. There used to be a paper called the Arbroath Guide years ago. I don't know when publication ceased, or if it was amalgamated with the Herald, but someone on this site will be able to provide this information. Records from the paper are held in Arbroath Library. The Herald is n longer a locally owned paper, but is owned by a large newspaper chain.
Marcol
Senior Smokie

504 Posts
Last here:
25 Mar 2019
Posted - 05 Jun 2014 :  10:18:50 AM Show Profile Visit Marcol's HomepageSend Marcol a Private Message Reply with Quote
I think the Guide stopped being published 1974/1976ish. As Pensionbusy says the library have microfiche copies, so I would start there good luck
warddykes
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
26 Posts
Last here:
02 Dec 2015
Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  7:16:39 PM Show ProfileSend warddykes a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warddykes

I need to find an article, which I think would have been in the Herald (don't think there was any other paper in Arbroath in the 50s) Can anyone tell me how to find it. thanks.

thanks everyone. I'll visirt the library when I'm in arbroath week after next. Cheers

Trish Richardson
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.47 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *