All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Off Topic banter
 Greetings  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
kiwi
Wee Haggis

New Zealand
43 Posts
Last here:
05 May 2017
Posted - 29 Dec 2014 :  01:06:25 AM Show Profile Visit kiwi's HomepageSend kiwi a Private Message Reply with Quote
" A Guid New Year tae ane an a'
An mony may ye see
An' during a' the years tae come
Oh Happy may ye be "

My Father used to sing this with great gusto every Hogmanay and the words are just perfect for what I want to wish you. So.........
Happy New Year to you all from Down Under.

Once a Lichtie - Always a Lichtie!
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 29 Dec 2014 :  09:43:57 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
A great way to pass on your greetings at this time of year! Hogmanay would never be the same without somebody singing it. In our house, way back when, my mum used to get tearful when another favourite was sung - My Ain Folk. No matter where you are, Oor Ain folk are always in our thoughts. All the best, Kiwi.
kiwi
Wee Haggis

New Zealand
43 Posts
Last here:
05 May 2017
Posted - 30 Dec 2014 :  02:17:48 AM Show Profile Visit kiwi's HomepageSend kiwi a Private Message Reply with Quote
Thanks, Flinstone.
You're absolutely right about My Ain Folk - Must be one of the world's biggest tear-jerkers. I bet we've all had a wee greet at one time or another when hearing that song but believe me,when you've actually "wandered far frae hame" it's a hundred times worse!
Pensioner busybody
Wee Smokie

United Kingdom
204 Posts
Last here:
21 Jul 2018
Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  11:31:53 PM Show ProfileSend Pensioner busybody a Private Message Reply with Quote
Wishing all contributors to the Shoppie a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year and thanks for all your posts, interesting, nostalgic and humorous in 2014. I'm already looking forward to more of the same next year.
Brian Dickson
Wee Smokie

Brian Dickson

USA
371 Posts
Last here:
07 Dec 2018
Posted - 01 Jan 2015 :  7:46:47 PM Show Profile Visit Brian Dickson's HomepageSend Brian Dickson a Private Message Reply with Quote
Allow me to also jump in here and wish Red Lichties far and wide a VERY Happy & Prosperous New Year. 'Lang may yir lum reek’.

A New Years Resolution; something that goes in one year and out the other.
Pétanque
Wee Smokie

France
220 Posts
Last here:
04 Aug 2018
Posted - 02 Jan 2015 :  10:40:10 AM Show ProfileSend Pétanque a Private Message Reply with Quote
A happy and healthy 2015 to all my pals on the Shoppie. Wilma, Pete, Brian etc, keep posting! Regards, Gary.
exBraemar
Senior Smokie

exBraemar

USA
640 Posts
Last here:
31 May 2019
Posted - 01 Jan 2017 :  02:02:34 AM Show Profile Visit exBraemar's HomepageSend exBraemar a Private Message Reply with Quote
We want to wish all Red Lichties all over the world a very Happy New Year and may 2017 bring you all good health and happiness. Lang May yer Lum reek wi'other fowk's coal. Cheers from Fort Lauderdale Florida !
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
01 Jun 2019
Posted - 04 Jan 2017 :  6:55:20 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
Belated Happy New Year 2017 to all TheShoppie Members....

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 05 Jan 2017 :  10:07:57 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
A happy, healthy 2017 to all those who still like to "shop" now and then.
woodentop
Senior Smokie

woodentop

404 Posts
Last here:
03 May 2018
Posted - 07 Jan 2017 :  03:13:46 AM Show ProfileSend woodentop a Private Message Reply with Quote
Indeed (though a bit belated)!
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
376 Posts
Last here:
Today
Posted - 08 Jan 2017 :  09:07:40 AM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
So late in fact, can I be the first to wish everyone still Shopping a Happy Easter, with the aid of my hot cross buns and Creme Eggs from ASDA.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.47 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *