All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 News
 Member Announcements
 Inverbrothock Public School  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
Lesg
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
0 Posts
Last here:
07 Apr 2017
Posted - 07 Apr 2017 :  11:10:04 AM Show ProfileSend Lesg a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi all
My Mum sadly passed away recently, and I have been going through her things. I have came across an old photo and paper clips from back in the old days when my great great grandfather was a well known man. There is a school report he got from Inverbrothock Public School, and a photo of him and some of his buddies, all sitting on a bench with their caps on. He was in the Brotherhood at that time and various other memberships.
I never knew my mothers side as my grand father had moved to Edinburgh, and that was the only family side of my mums I knew.
So my great great grandfather was James Patterson
My great Grandfather was James Patterson
My grand father was James Patterson
And his son was James Patterson (who sadly died very very young). One of the newspaper clip photos is all four together, in Arbroath.
My Mums name is Veronica (Vera). Grimley ( Patterson).
So if anyone is related, give me a quick call, email. I will post the photos later. Cheers.

Les
lulubabe
Haggis Supper

lulubabe

United Kingdom
84 Posts
Last here:
18 Sep 2018
Posted - 18 Sep 2018 :  2:57:51 PM Show Profile Visit lulubabe's HomepageSend lulubabe a Private Message Reply with Quote
I attended Inverbrothock School during the war. The air raid shelters were at the back of the school and I well remember the excitement when the sirens wailed and we were frogmarched there complete with gas masks. Fortunately we never had to use them but we did have fun practising.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.52 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *