All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Arbroath People
 jack anderson  
Welcome to the Arbroath People List!

Maintain or make your entry :: View the new Arbroath People webpage

Author Topic Next Topic 
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  2:43:55 PM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
Name: jack anderson
DOB: 10/03/45
Place of birth:Arbroath
Current Location: Spain
Born in Arbroath 1945, lived in Grant rd. Had two brothers (twins).My granny had a lodging house in East Grimsby ( the monkey lodging house)My father was a driving instuctor and mother worked in Gallowden laundry.Went to school at Inverbrothock then the old high school.Worked at Lambs garage then left to join merchant navy. married, ended up as a physio for FA now living the"viva loca" in southern Spain , sailing on a daily basis, Mates were Alan satch jones, Alan rusty russel, Doug banks, Jimmy miller, Denis beattie, and loads more of that early sixties rock and roll era at YM, Marine, Palais, .. Where did the time go?

flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  9:02:37 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Was your father Jack Anderson, the driving instructor, who lived in Grant Road? If so, he got me through my test, after having failed miserably with "Black Jock" Fleming of Lamb's Garage, who put the fear of death in me every time I got into the car!! Mr Anderson was firm but fair, nor did he ever lose his rag.
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  1:34:10 PM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
Yes, that was my father , sadly pssed away a few years ago.My brother Ernie still lives in Arbroath. Although my father was in instructor I had to do my driving lessons with "blackjock" and yes , he was scary
mabelboyletalktalk.net
Wee Haggis

Arbroath, Scotland
3 Posts
Last here:
02 Jan 2013
Posted - 08 Jun 2012 :  8:42:05 PM Show Profile Visit mabelboyletalktalk.net's HomepageSend mabelboyletalktalk.net a Private Message Reply with Quote
h
i Jack Mabel boyle here usednee Lamb to work next door to where your mumthe laundry worked I was in shoe shop with Iris.
Hope you and Ena are well.
Rob Shepherd
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
1 Posts
Last here:
16 Oct 2013
Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  2:37:19 PM Show ProfileSend Rob Shepherd a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Jack
Think I may have met you in Arbroath a long time ago now. I lived down by the harbour!!
Pétanque
Wee Smokie

France
220 Posts
Last here:
04 Aug 2018
Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  4:19:25 PM Show ProfileSend Pétanque a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi, were you also known as Jim or Jimmy, If so I remember you well.
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 06 Apr 2013 :  2:41:21 PM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
no,always Jack, worked at Lambs Garage, left Arbroath in 1965 ,Names I remember were.. doug banks, jimmy miller, alan rusty russel, fred petrie, dave gerard, dennis beattie, gus ross, dave addison, chic ogston, satch jones, and many more from some great days at the squrrel and the bon accord and the marine and the switchies now in spain and retired
keith
Master Smokie

United Kingdom
2714 Posts
Last here:
04 Jun 2017
Posted - 06 Apr 2013 :  2:53:06 PM Show ProfileSend keith a Private Message Reply with Quote
Was that Jimmy Millar ? who used to live up Airlie Cres and joined the Paras ? in 69
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 06 Apr 2013 :  3:07:05 PM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
no dont think so, palled with dougie banks and alan satch jones
Pétanque
Wee Smokie

France
220 Posts
Last here:
04 Aug 2018
Posted - 07 Apr 2013 :  8:27:47 PM Show ProfileSend Pétanque a Private Message Reply with Quote
Your Dad got me and my wife through our driving test, Joyce first time with only seven weeks of lessons, me third time of trying and a lot of lessons, never been allowed to forget that !! Incidentally I seem to remember my first lesson was 12/6 and last lessons were 17/6 (sorry, shillings and pence for the youngsters out there) He was a gentleman and I remember him fondly, learning to drive is a big milestone in most peoples lives.
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 08 Apr 2013 :  12:33:44 PM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
thanks for that, yes, I miss him every day !!
weejack
Wee Haggis

Spain
11 Posts
Last here:
22 Mar 2017
Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  08:31:16 AM Show Profile Visit weejack's HomepageSend weejack a Private Message Reply with Quote
no luck by anybody on the names I posted ?
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  6:16:53 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Of the names you posted, Dave Gerard, Chic Ogston and Satch Jones are all deceased. Satch Jones died in a boating accident a few years back - it was well publicised at the time. Denis Beattie - if it was the same one who had fishing connections, and at one time owned the Commercial Hotel, also died in a boating accident. His wife, Hazel, died not long after. Forgive me if these names arent the ones you were friendly with, but I believe they would all have fitted the correct age bracket. (late 60's)
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  02:38:07 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Dennis Beattie is alive, i think you're confusing him with Denis Cargill who was married to Hazel. He died 6 years ago in tragic circumstances.
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus/scottish-fishermen-s-federation-warns-on-new-safety-rules-1.47718

Phil Petrie is on the forum, is fred a relation of his?

Derek.
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 21 Apr 2013 :  10:14:50 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Sorry for the confusion over the "Denis"es, - Fred Petrie's sister Jennifer was in my class at Inverbrothock, and they lived in Priory Crescent area. They werent Phil's siblings.
mylesco
Wee Haggis

mylesco

Scotland
5 Posts
Last here:
03 Mar 2014
Posted - 15 Jan 2014 :  2:28:52 PM Show ProfileSend mylesco a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi,Your mum was my cousin, have done a bit of family research ie Clark your Grannies name and Clark/Cowie my parents names I visited the MLH often and your home in Grant Rd.I remember when your mum and dad moved in.
regards
Myles
Gunner33f
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
1 Posts
Last here:
19 Nov 2018
Posted - 31 Jan 2014 :  7:11:21 PM Show Profile Visit Gunner33f's HomepageSend Gunner33f a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Jack, George Innes here, we were in the same class at Inverbrothock and also share the same DOB.
Andover
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
2 Posts
Last here:
26 Feb 2019
Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  10:46:02 AM Show ProfileSend Andover a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Jack

We're related as your grannie, was my Great Auntie Chrissie, she was my grannie's sister (May Buchan nee Clark, married on Dave Buchan). My mum was Muriel Mylles nee Buchan, I visited your mum and dad's house in Grant Road, Ladyloan and your Grannies as a wee girl and I remember one of your brother's, James worked for JP Whyte in Forfar, where we moved to when I was a teenager. Are your brothers still with us?
Sadly my mum and dad are no longer with us, same for my big brother Peter Mylles.
I'm married and live in the south of England with my husband.
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  3:36:57 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Andover, are you by any chance the sister of the late Peter Mylles, the brilliant artist and guitarist??
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  3:41:26 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Sorry Carol, I never fully read your original post! You are Peter’s sister. What a lovely guy he was. He did a couple of beautiful paintings for me several years ago. One hangs in the boardroom of the acompany I used to work for, and the other graces my daughter and son in law’s dining room. The latter is of Panbride Church and school, where my daughter was married and went to school. Peter was around the same age as me, and we all used to marvel at his guitar skills in the various bands he played for as a young man. A sad day indeed, when he was taken.
  Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.48 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *