A select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture gallery
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 News
 Supermarket & Retail park debate
 New petrol station application ASDA :arbroath  
Author Topic Next Topic 
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
878 Posts
Last here:
08 Oct 2018
Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  7:11:05 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Arbroath Herald today 24th Feb has a story about the application for a Filling Station submitted to Angus Council by ASDA in Arbroath. They are seeking planning permission for a 2 pump fully automated petrol filling station at their Westway Retail park . The matter has not been considered by the Council as yet and if permission is given it would help to a Petrol and Diesel price war in the town . Seems too that this would help the residents of Carnoustie too who have no longer got any petrol station in the town and have to go elsewhere for their fuels

keptie
ScottishRose
Wee Smokie

ScottishRose

Scotland
291 Posts
Last here:
30 Sep 2015
Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  7:23:09 PM Show Profile Visit ScottishRose's HomepageSend ScottishRose a Private Message Reply with Quote
I think it'll go ahead and will hopefully be 24hr seeing as its 'self service'!

Laura xx
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  01:43:24 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Good news. The towns been badly needing 24hr fuel access since Morrisons put the only 24hr garage out of business, then promptly reduced their operating hours!

Derek.
boristhespie
Master Smokie

boristhespie

Arbroath, Scotland
1045 Posts
Last here:
06 Nov 2015
Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  2:59:10 PM Show Profile Visit boristhespie's HomepageSend boristhespie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Excellent will bring fuel prices down. But 2 pumps?! Oh well better than nothing but mickey mouse enough to fit in with the mickey mouse sized cornershop.

Booooooo!
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2433 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 29 Feb 2012 :  7:40:01 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
I wonder if they shall be same as new pumps we have had fitted down where I live in Wakefield.. Each pump serves either side (two cars per pump)... No kiosk/shop, you can only get petrol with a debit/credit card on the pump!!! There used to be four kiosks and you paid from your car as you left after filling up. All gone now.

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
woodentop
Senior Smokie

woodentop

404 Posts
Last here:
03 May 2018
Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  01:19:20 AM Show ProfileSend woodentop a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terrymac

I wonder if they shall be same as new pumps we have had fitted down where I live in Wakefield.. Each pump serves either side (two cars per pump)... No kiosk/shop, you can only get petrol with a debit/credit card on the pump!!! There used to be four kiosks and you paid from your car as you left after filling up. All gone now.

Which is great news if you rock up pissed but low on fuel, as you don't have to worry about the kiosk operator calling the feds after you stagger back to your car.

big grin
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  01:39:34 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodentop

Which is great news if you rock up pissed but low on fuel, as you don't have to worry about the kiosk operator calling the feds after you stagger back to your car.

big grin

Feds? you mean the Fuzz surely? ha ha!

Derek.
Smokie1756
Senior Smokie

Smokie1756

Scotland
535 Posts
Last here:
31 May 2015
Posted - 02 Mar 2012 :  12:25:15 AM Show Profile Visit Smokie1756's HomepageSend Smokie1756 a Private Message Reply with Quote
I dont think it will make any difference to prices as all charge nearly sale with one at Western Cemmi most expensive

Smokie1756
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2433 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 02 Mar 2012 :  10:11:46 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
ASDA is "online" with a fuel station locator.. They describe themselves as a "no-frills" fuel supplier with no shops and now only have "pay at pump" to keep costs down... Current ASDA price diesel today... Wakefield = 1.359 per litre... Dundee = 1.407 per litre... Forecast for XMAS 2012 = 1.70 per litre diesel based on current world oil price rise forecasts.. Refiners cost is 1.6 pence per litre. Distribution (tankers and stations) 2 to 10 pence per litre... Tax and VAT = lots

Terrymac
boristhespie
Master Smokie

boristhespie

Arbroath, Scotland
1045 Posts
Last here:
06 Nov 2015
Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  12:11:45 AM Show Profile Visit boristhespie's HomepageSend boristhespie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Asda has a policy of same price fuel just as in baked beans. The price in Dundee is significantly lower than here thus I hope to see it go down.

Diesel is to go up. Most of it tax and talk is The chancellor is going to restart to fuel esculator in the coming budget after it was frozen. This will put quite a few pence on the price of this. The liberals are pushing for it although maybe not as hard as if**** Hume was still in place with his smarmy self importance.

Also expect a new round of Air charges to push the xost of flights up by a lot too. Another hume project in conjunction with the Eu.

Ie. The political elites taking a dump on those who actually jave to pay for fuel (oh and the fuel for the likes of eurocrats and Hume)

Booooooo!
woodentop
Senior Smokie

woodentop

404 Posts
Last here:
03 May 2018
Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  3:48:38 PM Show ProfileSend woodentop a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boristhespie

Asda has a policy of same price fuel just as in baked beans. The price in Dundee is significantly lower than here thus I hope to see it go down.

Diesel is to go up. Most of it tax and talk is The chancellor is going to restart to fuel esculator in the coming budget after it was frozen. This will put quite a few pence on the price of this. The liberals are pushing for it although maybe not as hard as if**** Hume was still in place with his smarmy self importance.

Also expect a new round of Air charges to push the xost of flights up by a lot too. Another hume project in conjunction with the Eu.

Ie. The political elites taking a dump on those who actually jave to pay for fuel (oh and the fuel for the likes of eurocrats and Hume)

Here's why:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/10/un_agenda_21_coming_to_a_neigh.html

http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/index.shtml

Ever wondered why all the major political parties in the UK are wedded to global warming bollocks, de-industrialisation and tax-ratcheting?

That's your answer.
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
878 Posts
Last here:
08 Oct 2018
Posted - 15 Apr 2012 :  1:58:47 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
See in this weekends Arbroath Herald for Friday 13th that Planning approval for Asda filling station was approved this week. Permission has been granted subject to conditions for an unmanned , two pump filling station in the southern corner of the Asda Car park . It will be the first unmammed station in Angus .

keptie
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2433 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  03:08:30 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keptie

Permission has been granted subject to conditions for an unmanned , two pump filling station in the southern corner of the Asda Car park . It will be the first unmammed station in Angus .

Be aware, you require a credit or debit card to fill up... No pumps with "cash" input!!

Terrymac
ScottishRose
Wee Smokie

ScottishRose

Scotland
291 Posts
Last here:
30 Sep 2015
Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  07:56:31 AM Show Profile Visit ScottishRose's HomepageSend ScottishRose a Private Message Reply with Quote
I don't think it'll affect the Shell garage much, it's more expensive than Morrisons anyway isn't it?

Laura xx
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
878 Posts
Last here:
08 Oct 2018
Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  2:35:20 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
The Arbroath herald for Friday 10th Aug shows a front page photo of diggers working at Asda on the Westway Retail Park as the firm got planning permission in April to have a 2 Pump unmammed Filling Station in the southern corner of the car park .

p

keptie
ScottishRose
Wee Smokie

ScottishRose

Scotland
291 Posts
Last here:
30 Sep 2015
Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  5:53:22 PM Show Profile Visit ScottishRose's HomepageSend ScottishRose a Private Message Reply with Quote
Yep, don't think it'll be long before its finished. They're making good progress smile

Laura xx
David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4396 Posts
Last here:
07 Jan 2018
Posted - 13 Aug 2012 :  5:39:27 PM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message Reply with Quote
So... from a safety point of view how will this work? I assume it will be monitored 24 hours from a remote office or something?

David Spink
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2433 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  09:56:21 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
How many "Shoppie" members have used the new ASDA petrol pumps? Is it O.K.? I take it it is totally self service....

Terrymac
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  2:12:20 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Never been myself as it's on the way out of town, or back in i suppose!
There was a bit in paper last week to say it had opened, i imagine it works just fine or we'd definitely have heard groans.

Derek.
David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4396 Posts
Last here:
07 Jan 2018
Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  11:14:42 PM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message Reply with Quote
Aye, was there tonight... self-service only pumps, wasn't busy, it is cheaper than Morrison - today anyway. There is a wee hut occupied by a man wearing a bright yellow jacket, I noted he had a heater,computer, and stool in there. When I arrived to fill up he came out of his hut and stood and, I presume, waited for me to get stuck.. looks like they do plan to have it unsupervised at times as there are signs directing you to the emergency equipment in the event of no staff being present.

David Spink
  Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.44 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *