All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Archive
 Proposed Development at Cliffburn Road, Arbroath
 flats at mayfield shop fiasco  
Author Topic Next Topic 
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 11 Mar 2008 :  7:12:55 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message Reply with Quote
as people might have read in the herald that the flats above the mayfield shops may not be brought down after all due to the local council dragging their heels even though they blame the local co-op they are wrong once again they are blaming other folk for their own mistakes. The co-op dropped their compensation claim in November last year and was waiting for the council to get back to them on minor issues which they still havent done yet. Now the money they have been given for that devolopment will now be wasted as we only have to the end of the month for the money to be used and the council dont want to use taxpayers money for tiding up an eyesore even though they had the money to do it. We need all the help we can get to persuade them other wise to try and get the deadline for the grant extended if you would like to help contact the ARCH project at the community office based at mayfield shops with you support thankyou

s hogg
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  09:51:01 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I'd like to know all the facts about this. It's a shame it han't been completed on budget and in time.
The Co-op for a while have been widely acknowledged as the stumbling block.
philip
Senior Smokie

philip

Arbroath, Scotland
613 Posts
Last here:
12 Oct 2012
Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  12:24:26 PM Show Profile Visit philip's HomepageSend philip a Private Message Reply with Quote
i have often wondered as i passed this site at mayfield if it would not have been cheaper to bulldoze the whole site and start again with some modern shopping units but i maybe wrong and they already explored this avenue.

If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass!
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  5:50:35 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message Reply with Quote
they had explored that area but that was before the main constuction started but so far we are getting somewhere as there was people in the flats today removing the birds today so hopefully it means that something is away to happen

s hogg
boristhespie
Master Smokie

boristhespie

Arbroath, Scotland
1045 Posts
Last here:
06 Nov 2015
Posted - 14 Mar 2008 :  12:12:42 PM Show Profile Visit boristhespie's HomepageSend boristhespie a Private Message Reply with Quote
this will be the same coop who try to stop everything

Booooooo!
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 14 Mar 2008 :  5:20:28 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message Reply with Quote
but they dropped all claims in november and was waiting for the council to get back to them on some minor things and is still waititng when the arch mentioned it to the council just played stupid and denide it

s hogg
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 15 Mar 2008 :  1:23:05 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message Reply with Quote
yes but they could have still been gone if the council had got back to the co-op before christmas the deal had been struck with the contractor to do it so they would have started the demolition after the new year. with all the work being done just now with the new parking and the sitting area it will look nice but once those flats are down it will be even better

s hogg
  Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.34 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *