All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Archive
 Fish & Farmers Market
 Arbroath Fish & Farmers Market  

-- Fish & Farmers Market 2008 --

Author Topic  
-EDITOR-
Forum Administrator

-EDITOR-

-EDITOR- is a forum sponsor!
Arbroath, Scotland
2733 Posts
Last here:
27 Dec 2016
Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  11:28:14 PM Show Profile Visit -EDITOR-'s Homepage Reply with Quote
Arbroath Fish & Farmers Market

31st August 2008 11:00am - 4:30pm

Signal Tower Courtyard, Inchcape Park, Beacon Green Arbroath

Don't miss out - come down to Arbroath's Signal Tower Museum Courtyard and surrounds to experience the best that Arbroath and surrounding areas have to offer from the land, sea and various other traders.

A FUN DAY FOR ALL which includes:

Free entertainment and demonstrations throughout the day.

Delicious mouth-watering food sample tasters from various stall/pitch traders.

A WIDE RANGE OF QUALITY PRODUCE WILL BE ON OFFER TO PURCHASE e.g.

Fresh seafood.
Organic meats.
Quality beef, lamb, venison, bacon, pork, kangaroo, wild boar and ostrich.
Potatoes and vegetables.
Fruit.
Chutneys, jams and preserves.
Wines.
Breads.
Confectionery.
Crafts.
Plants, filled baskets, planters and cut flowers.
Award winning Arbroath Smokie producer Iain R Spink will be making smokies on site all day. Cooked in the traditional way over a hardwood log fire, the hot and juicy, freshly made Smokies can be eaten on the spot (the best way) or taken home.

http://www.arbroathsmokies.net/

MAIN SPONSOR - THE BELLROCK RESTAURANT
Award winning Bellrock Restaurant with extensive a la carte menu, will be cooking and bringing over to the market, at various times throughout the day, taster samples of freshly cooked fish. The fish has been kindly donated by local fish merchants in Arbroath.

Proprieter Azam Salme will also be bringing over to the market various delicious taster samples from his a la carte menu.

www.thebellrock.com

Join us on Sunday 31 August for another successful and entertaining Arbroath's Fish and Farmers Market.

TheShoppie.com Team
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  4:57:24 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Well We'll be there.
The Lifeboat will launch down the slipway for those who come out.
8ball
Wee Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
311 Posts
Last here:
23 May 2016
Posted - 25 Dec 2008 :  02:33:02 AM Show Profile Visit 8ball's HomepageSend 8ball a Private Message Reply with Quote
sounds like a nice menu

ali is my uncle bob
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 04 Jul 2009 :  11:35:37 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
I assumme there shall be a similar venture during 2009.....Any news available??
This request is slightly related .... Does anyone know if there is a "haggis pudding" supplier (of the fish n' chip shop variety pudding) in Arbroath or Angus... preferably a commercial supplier.
Hopefully a fish n' chip shop owner shall read this....

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
Howard
Master Smokie

Howard

Arbroath, Scotland
2685 Posts
Last here:
01 Jan 2018
Posted - 04 Jul 2009 :  9:02:45 PM Show ProfileSend Howard a Private Message Reply with Quote

I have heard that there will not be a Fish and Farmers Market this year but don't know the reason why...

On the other question - The Bellrock Chipper has Haggis bites on its buffet menu

Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  4:49:46 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote

Pity about Fish and Farmers Marketr for Arbroath this year..

Even Smokie Blues playing in Carnoustie on 16-18th August.... They have partly advertised it as a musical event for Angus... Arbroath is mentioned of course but it appears that they want it to be world-wide event as an "Angus Venue" for music!!!

P.S. The request for haggis puddings was for a Supplier who has supplied to the local Fish an' Chippies... Not to worry I should be up in Angus in next couple of weeks so shall visit a few chippies and ask them... Ta!

Howard
Master Smokie

Howard

Arbroath, Scotland
2685 Posts
Last here:
01 Jan 2018
Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  12:51:36 PM Show ProfileSend Howard a Private Message Reply with Quote
No Prob Terrymac. Perhaps a meetup at the Spectacular could be on the cards as I know Sandstone will be there with myself and David also...
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  4:17:56 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote

Hope the Spectacular goes down a treat... Don't think I'll be still in Angus by 26th but shall at least have one/two/three nights at "Rosely" beforehand... When my plans are definite shall post dates "here"...... maybe meet up for a wee dram with anybody thats about.

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
  Topic  
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.45 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *