Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Archive
 Bellrock: Year of the Light 2011
 Fireworks pictures  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic  
Philip Petrie
Senior Smokie

Philip Petrie

United Kingdom
406 Posts
Last here:
21 Apr 2014
Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  10:08:13 PM Show Profile Visit Philip Petrie's HomepageSend Philip Petrie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Some close up's of tonight's amazing display

Claire Walmsley
Wee Haggis

Scotland
2 Posts
Last here:
02 Feb 2011
Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  4:14:36 PM Show Profile Visit Claire Walmsley's HomepageSend Claire Walmsley a Private Message Reply with Quote
Well done to everyone who helped to organise the firework celebrations on February 1st 2011.

The display was brilliant. Arbroath's sky was ablaze with spectacular fireworks that matched any of the Big City displays. The choreography was perfectly matched to well chosen music making the whole event a memorable start to the Year of the Light.

People came from all over Angus and beyond. Today,in Arbroath, people were talking with pride and I heard one local resident telling his friends " It was awesome - really awesome!" He was right. It was an event Arbroath can be really proud of

AND, it was a fitting tribute to the brave men who built the Bell Rock lighthouse 200 years ago,

Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  6:24:15 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Aside form nearly freezing to death doing some stewarding for hours, it was braw!
David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4396 Posts
Last here:
07 Jan 2018
Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  6:43:27 PM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message Reply with Quote
It was a great display - best I have ever seen in Arbroath! big grin

David Spink
hoggster
Wee Smokie

hoggster

Arbroath, Scotland
390 Posts
Last here:
17 Jun 2015
Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  10:57:52 PM Show Profile Visit hoggster's HomepageSend hoggster a Private Message Reply with Quote
my family and i watched it from springfield park as my wee one hates them too close they loved it it was talk of hayshead school today well done to all involved this does arbroath wonders as it brings the town together

s hogg
Wendy Glass
Wee Haggis

Arbroath, Scotland
1 Posts
Last here:
03 Feb 2011
Posted - 03 Feb 2011 :  12:32:50 PM Show Profile Visit Wendy Glass's HomepageSend Wendy Glass a Private Message Reply with Quote
Loved the fireworks - well worth the trip from Kirrie!

Wendy G
Lucylastic
Wee Haggis

41 Posts
Last here:
17 Nov 2017
Posted - 04 Feb 2011 :  12:44:36 PM Show Profile Visit Lucylastic's HomepageSend Lucylastic a Private Message Reply with Quote
Beautiful pics Phil, well done smile

There's also a video with the music on youtube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=arbroath+year+of+the+light&aq=f

I watched it from our house and it was awesome!
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2412 Posts
Last here:
27 Dec 2017
Posted - 04 Feb 2011 :  1:32:26 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
Enjoyed the youtube.com video of the display.... Showed what I missed... Excellent show.

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
 Previous Topic Topic  
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.14 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *