Famous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about Arbroath

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Arbroath People
 Jones, Louise (nee Garden)  
Welcome to the Arbroath People List!

Maintain or make your entry :: View the new Arbroath People webpage

Author Topic Next Topic 
lulubabe
Haggis Supper

lulubabe

United Kingdom
84 Posts
Last here:
18 Sep 2018
Posted - 30 Apr 2012 :  12:03:29 PM Show Profile Visit lulubabe's HomepageSend lulubabe a Private Message Reply with Quote
Born in St.Mary Street 1933. Both my brother Ron and myself were brought up by our grandparents..Maryann and John Garden. Went to Inverbrothock School then to High School. Worked in Keith Blackman until 1951 leaving to join WRAF.
Currently living in Leicester but visit Arbroath and Carnoustie regularly.
1948-1951 I was a member of the Fairport Wheelers Cycling Club. My friends and co members were Kirsty Miller..Ian Gorrie..Flo Small..Syd Buick..Jim Anderson..Johnny Young..Gus Crowe..Harry Campbell..Ally Lindsay..Anne Grieve Charlie Trimble Ray Hayes.. to name just a few!! Schooldays would include Maisie Meek..Dorothy Barnett..George Barnett..Bertha Swankie..Irene Gair..Greta Lindsay..Irene Gillespie..Ina Shand..the list goes on..The Marine Ballroom and the Green Street Dance Hall were high on my list of entertainment,not to mention the three cinemas.. Happy days!!
lulubabe
Haggis Supper

lulubabe

United Kingdom
84 Posts
Last here:
18 Sep 2018
Posted - 22 Feb 2015 :  3:58:04 PM Show Profile Visit lulubabe's HomepageSend lulubabe a Private Message Reply with Quote
Where has everybody gone...somebody from 1933-1951 must still be around. I met Charlie Trimble a few years ago plus Jean and Ally Lindsay, Irene Gillespie, May Meek, Muriel Forsythe nee Cargill and Ina Sands nee Sheriff. But the others including my brother Ron Garden have virtually disappeared.
If this successfully opens it is a school play at the North Wing of AHS.
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 22 Feb 2015 :  4:06:58 PM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
great photo! when was it taken?

Derek.
lulubabe
Haggis Supper

lulubabe

United Kingdom
84 Posts
Last here:
18 Sep 2018
Posted - 12 Jun 2017 :  11:55:04 AM Show Profile Visit lulubabe's HomepageSend lulubabe a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Derek

great photo! when was it taken?

Derek.

Probably around 1949
Robert Cruickshank
Wee Haggis

Canada
4 Posts
Last here:
03 Sep 2018
Posted - 05 Nov 2017 :  1:39:44 PM Show Profile Visit Robert Cruickshank's HomepageSend Robert Cruickshank a Private Message Reply with Quote
I live next door to Jack you cousan was in same class at Inverbroath. Bob Cruickshank
lulubabe
Haggis Supper

lulubabe

United Kingdom
84 Posts
Last here:
18 Sep 2018
Posted - 18 Sep 2018 :  2:04:32 PM Show Profile Visit lulubabe's HomepageSend lulubabe a Private Message Reply with Quote
Sorry have not logged in for sometime, family matters and a house move. Back now. Hello again.
lulubabe
Haggis Supper

lulubabe

United Kingdom
84 Posts
Last here:
18 Sep 2018
Posted - 18 Sep 2018 :  2:29:01 PM Show Profile Visit lulubabe's HomepageSend lulubabe a Private Message Reply with Quote
Does anyone know Jean Lindsay nee Brown?
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1659 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 22 Sep 2018 :  11:20:02 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Welcome back! The Shoppie needs you!
  Topic Next Topic 
 Forum Locked Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.39 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *