Famous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about Arbroath

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 History & Information
 Arbroath Connections
 Lees & Jack family connections  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
ROD LEES
Wee Haggis

Australia
1 Posts
Last here:
01 Jan 2014
Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  06:13:00 AM Show ProfileSend ROD LEES a Private Message Reply with Quote
Trying to ascertain if I have any relatives in and about my dad's (George Watson Lees) birthplace and my grandparents (Mary Lees (nee Jack) and William Lees both buried in Arbroath cementry. I am currently living in Tasmania, Australia.
My email address is: rodlees@live.com.au.
Seaton Smithy
Wee Haggis

Australia
30 Posts
Last here:
07 Nov 2018
Posted - 04 Jun 2015 :  05:27:53 AM Show ProfileSend Seaton Smithy a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Rod

Have you tried putting an article in the Arbroath Herald?

I had some success from that being contacted by my father's first cousin in Canada, his second cousin living in England and his old schoolmate living in Spain.
007guevara
Wee Haggis

New Zealand
1 Posts
Last here:
22 May 2016
Posted - 13 Mar 2016 :  08:43:44 AM Show ProfileSend 007guevara a Private Message Reply with Quote
Hi Rod
Maybe out of the blue here. The William lees who I believe is your grandfather happens to be my great grandfather through his first marriage to Margaret burns. If I'm right they had four children John, Janet, Robert and Mary. Mary was my grandmother though by the time I was born she had died 3-4 years previously. She and Janet moved here to New Zealand in which Mary married my grandfather Henry (Harry) divers. I have been tracing my family lines further back and have also tried tracing William sons lines to the present through his first marriage. Maybe a connection??

Jeff divers

007 guevara
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.38 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *