A select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture gallery

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 News
 Arbroath in the news
 Flemings sold to Dundee Butcher Grosset  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  03:10:48 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
This friday will see the end of local ownership of family butchers Flemings to Dundee butchery firm Grosset's.
I hope they keep the name at least, Flemings was established in 1925.
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
281 Posts
Last here:
6 days ago
Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  08:07:14 AM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
What a Shame, end of an era.

PeteP - Millgate Loan back shop boy circa '58 to '62

Pensioner busybody
Wee Smokie

United Kingdom
204 Posts
Last here:
07 Jul 2016
Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  2:23:29 PM Show ProfileSend Pensioner busybody a Private Message Reply with Quote
If you're talking about the butcher in Ponderlaw, I'll never forget the year Scotland beat England at Wembley, and the Scots fans dug up the turf for keepsakes. The sign outside his shop announced "get your Wembley turf here". Brilliant.
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
867 Posts
Last here:
5 days ago
Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  4:14:31 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
I remember when I was a wee boy at the primary school in the town Mr Charlie Fleming died and he lived in Nolt Loan Road and I think he wanted a piper at his funeral from what I recall as a bairn..

pwa

keptie
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1536 Posts
Last here:
23 Dec 2017
Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  7:51:06 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Are both shops being sold, Ponderlaw and West Port? Hope it's not the "sad demise o' Fleemin's pies" - sorry, it's my poetic side surfacing again.
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2412 Posts
Last here:
27 Dec 2017
Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  9:07:35 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
Business Details When Recently Advertised "For Sale"

C G Fleming And Sons is a well run family butchers that has been operated by the same family since 1925. It has a well established reputation as a local butcher and as a manufacturer of quality meat based pastries supplying many businesses within the local area and further afield. The business has been placed on the market due to our client’s desire to retire.

C G Fleming And Sons has 3 main elements to its business model; firstly, it is a local butcher producing good quality fresh meat produce to the town of Arbroath, secondly it is a manufacturer of meat based products including sausage rolls, mince pies, steak pies and its famous steak and gravy scotch pie and thirdly it is a supplier of produce on a wholesale basis to other businesses such as restaurants and hotels in the surrounding area.

The business trades from its main location on West Port, which includes a large bakery and several production areas. There is a further retail shop also located in Arbroath. The business trades 6 days per week, with deliveries being made Monday to Friday to businesses and retailers in the local area and further afield. The business has a very healthy turnover with a good GP and net profit.

Please note that this is a share sale of the Limited Company.

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1536 Posts
Last here:
23 Dec 2017
Posted - 26 Nov 2014 :  07:43:32 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Big article in today's Courier, plus photo, Flemings the Butchers have been sold to local farming family, Guthrie and Mark Bachelor. Young Guthrie will be at the helm, and all current staff are being retained
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
281 Posts
Last here:
6 days ago
Posted - 26 Nov 2014 :  1:27:38 PM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
SAVED FROM THE KNACKER'S YARD!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.2 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *