Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 News
 Member Announcements
 Lost - 30 years ago - in Applegate!!  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
johndora
Wee Haggis

United Kingdom
2 Posts
Last here:
18 Jun 2018
Posted - 29 Aug 2014 :  2:57:00 PM Show ProfileSend johndora a Private Message Reply with Quote
This is a long shot!

In 1985 (I think) when the Applegate shops were demolished to make way for the Abbeygate development, I mislaid two original British Railways advertising posters. Each depicted a Scottish railway scene and sated from the late 1940s or 1950s. I recall leaving them in 1 Applegate or perhaps in my late Father's store at 7 Applegate (next to the Thistle Chip Shop) and they were either dumped with the rubble from the demolition, or might have been stored for safe keeping by someone.

Now if they were stored, it would be great to know they are safe! Do let me know if you have any news?
Derek
Supreme Master Smokie

Arbroath, Scotland
2792 Posts
Last here:
21 Feb 2017
Posted - 30 Aug 2014 :  02:54:00 AM Show ProfileSend Derek a Private Message Reply with Quote
Either on someones wall or destroyed, if the first option, then they are worth a few bob these days.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.34 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *