Arbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connection
†† ††
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Off Topic banter
 Todayís news  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
3 days ago
Posted - 01 Aug 2018 :  09:03:33 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
We still get the Courier every morning, and this morning, I noticed that page 5, 6, and 7 in particular, are full of crime stories. Page 5 relates how a thief broke into a house FOR THE SECOND TIME, wakening the elderly owners from their sleep, and threatening them at knifepoint. He had previously robbed them and was waiting to go to court. He had to bypass a security system to gain entry. This happened in Arbroath. Terrible. Page 6 tells of a Fife man selling drugs to school kids, and page 7mcontains 3 stories - a bungling ATM thief, who smashed up the machine and crawled through a man sized hole. When apprehended he said he was trying to retrieve his bank card!! Also on page 7, a thief broke into a charity shop and made off with BISCUITS!!! Same page tells if some scumbag stealing a donations tin from a Chest Heart and Stroke charity shop. Enough tae put for aff their bran flakes. I know of people who no longer read papers because of the number of crime stories therein. I admit I cannot stomach reading anything to do with cruelty to animals and children. However, I wouldnít stop getting the Courier. Itís part of our daily routine.
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
376 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 01 Aug 2018 :  10:31:01 PM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
There's scumbags and others. No doubt The Courier covered a Dundee court case that I heard Dave Law report recently on Radio North Angus. The trial of some bloke that cut off the hand of a disabled woman to steal her ring. Sort of takes the biscuit doesn't it. I think I'd rather take my chances here with the odd jihadist in town!

I usually check out the Courier online once a week - nothing like the real thing of course.
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
3 days ago
Posted - 02 Aug 2018 :  08:39:24 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Itís an awful world we live in, but I think generations have been saying the same thing since time began. We just have to make the most of whatís going on in our own little neuk. David has renewed the licence for the Shoppie for another 2nyears, so we can continue to discuss, or let off steam at, those things which please or irritate us.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.36 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *