Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 General Arbroath Chatter
 Class of ‘62  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1692 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 15 Sep 2018 :  11:10:57 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
In the old days, when a’body looked at, and commented on, The Shoppie, there would have been a wonderful discussion about the school reunion we had on Wednesday last, for the class who began Arbroath High School in 1962, an incredible 56 years ago!!! Those of us, 50 in number, who have braved the stormy seas of life, and have survived, congregated at The Townhouse on Wednesday last, all thanks to the hard work and co-ordinating skills of our classmate Mike Gyles, whose parents Paddy and Moyra Gyles, were one time publicans at The Station Hotel, Arbroath. We had a great night of reminiscence, and it was wonderful to catch up with folks we hadn’t seen since schooldays (for me, a former head girl, who had the most lustrous head of blonde hair that I thought she was a dead ringer for Dusty Springfield. She was also ultra clever, and went on to become a dental surgeon, now retired!). My lifetime achievements pale in comparison to some of those schoolmates, but I have made it through, am still happily married, in good health, have 2 lovely daughters, and 3 delightful granddaughters. What more can a body ask for? Several folks at the reunion remarked that they envy my good memory and humorous posts on here and Red Lichties - for those qualities too, I am grateful. As at all reunions, there is never enough time to chat to everyone, so if you missed chatting to the one time shy bespectacled, coo’s lick-in-the-hair, middle of the class at exam times lassie, who hated PE and couldna sweem - it’s your loss!!!! See you all, hopefully at the next reunion..........in Shady Pines Nursing Home for those growing old gracefully!!!
I hope somebody comments on this - The Shoppie needs you!!!!
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
375 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 16 Sep 2018 :  07:54:43 AM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
I remember 1962 Wilma - the year I left AHS. Fifty sounds like a remarkable turnout, especially as it was not a significant anniversary, but you can't win - too many people to chat to. I hope you gave everyone a note of The Shoppie website address. I know this is not "the other place", but this post needs a photo!
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1692 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 16 Sep 2018 :  6:37:07 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Thanks for even looking in again - it’s like drawing teeth getting folks to,post on here nowadays. I live in hope. Hope you and the good lady are well.
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
375 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  07:25:56 AM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
Always looking in Wilma but sadly, often don't have anything to add after 52 years away from the coalface. Or, like the recent comments on Horton, have already made my only possible contribution.
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.39 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *