All about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTubeDetails of local visitor attractions
†† ††
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 General Arbroath Chatter
 arbroath herald telephone number  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
898 Posts
Last here:
24 May 2019
Posted - 27 Apr 2019 :  7:32:05 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
The Landline telephone number for ARBROATH HERALD has been the one used for years but I thought I would ring the one reporter that covers all the newspapers owned by Johnson Press at the Arbroath herald office phone number in what used to be the textile firms offices but the phone number is DISCONNECTED . I happened to be on the phone to another Newspaper reporter employed by Johnson Press and he said that the ARBROATH HERALD OFFICE has been closed so yes the head office has pulled the plug on the cost of the landline telephone number !

amazing for a newspaper firm to do this as no one can speak to a reporter if only email address is available but seems to be Johnson Press modern ideas ..

Patrick w anderson

keptie
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 29 Apr 2019 :  09:04:22 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Thatís why our beloved Heraldie is all but dead today. How can there be no news to report in our town? I would have thought a reporterís job was to go out and sniff out news, not sitting gazing at a screen all day. Progress? My a*se!
Sandstone
TheShoppie Forum Admin

Sandstone

Sandstone is a forum sponsor!
Canada
1025 Posts
Last here:
6 days ago
Posted - 29 Apr 2019 :  4:38:12 PM Show ProfileSend Sandstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
I had occasion to go to the Hyundai head office in Toronto.

There was a desk in the lobby with about four receptionists on duty. I asked one of them to buzz up and see if XXXX was available. I was told that they (the receptionists) were not allowed to call up to the office, only place e-mails. When I enquired further I was told that the management didn't like to be interrupted and required to see who and what subject the communication was about, then they would decide the timeframe of the return call.

At that point I told them I would happily wait for the return call on the couch in the lobby, but I did warn them that they really did not want me sitting in the lobby for long.

Add my a*se to Flintstone's in her observation about progress!

Sandstone party See you on "TheShoppie"
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
Yesterday
Posted - 30 Apr 2019 :  08:41:02 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Dave, this kind of practice not confined to newspapers. I still get a Courier delivered every day, and enjoy reading it. Good job there were no tablets in our childhood days - we would never have experienced the delight of eating fish and chips from a newspaper, and the house would have been gie cauld in the mornings without paper to kindle the fire! I know all about trying to save the environment by not cutting down trees, etc - but this practice of allowing little children freedom to learn everything from a tablet will soon have the boffins trying to find ways to save the human race. Itís maybe a far fetched thought, but itís possible. Heard a talk in Radio 2 Jeremy Vine programme last week about some children having under developed neck muscles through constant bowing of the head to look at tablets. So sad. Technology is wonderful, but in moderation.
keptie
Senior Smokie

Scotland
898 Posts
Last here:
24 May 2019
Posted - 01 May 2019 :  4:11:52 PM Show Profile Visit keptie's HomepageSend keptie a Private Message Reply with Quote
The Courier newspaper office in Keptie Street in Arbroath that has been there for decades has been closed since last Autumn and the staff that were there moved to D C Thompsons offices in Dundee to join the other reporters from the paper . Yes they had until a few years ago an office in Arbroath (Keptie Street) and Forfar and Montrose but these others were sold off in the last years since I came back home from my years away in the Police ! I note that a reporter goes to the Sheriff Court in Forfar and I see that one reporter is in the High Court in Edinburgh this week for the court case ongoing now re the Murder . So how do reporters get information to do write ups or is it all emailed in to them and then they email their questions to compile a write up story !

Patrick W Anderson

keptie
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.34 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *