Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube
†† ††
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Seaforth Hotel
 New Seaforth Hotel site plan - your thoughts?  

Author Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
kev_wired
Haggis Supper (with extra sauce)

United Kingdom
126 Posts
Last here:
27 Jul 2007
Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  5:15:28 PM Show Profile Visit kev_wired's HomepageSend kev_wired a Private Message Reply with Quote
I'm stepping back from this debate, as it is going nowhere. Everyone is just saying the same thing over and over. I think I will have to throw the facts I have out the window and turn to hate, hearsay, and blinkered view to have the opinions some people on here do. No offence as everyone has the right to his or her opinion.

I refer to these in response to your comments B:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/08/08/newsstory8626986t0.asp

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/08/10/newsstory8635031t0.asp

http://www.carnoustietoday.co.uk/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=2717269§ionid=3399

I cannot find the article on Alex King saying that a hotel must be built after The Seaforth turned to rubble.

If the council had said, the Seaforth cannot be torn down when it stood, and no, you're not building flats on that site when it stood no more, then I wouldn't be here. They said hotel, he included hotel in his plan, and now we are here. All the facts are above. If this is where people in power expressing their opinion gets us then bravo. I've said all this before. It makes sense to me, I'm not asking you to change your mind about things but it helps to have a rounded view. I accept that Steven Smith shares a huge part of blame in this when I was completely undecided at the start. I refuse to accept he is the devil and Angus Council are angels though.

And if someone can logically explain the rubble angle then feel free. I think Terry said it was part of the new plans. I havenít seen these plans, no one has made him clean the site up or move the rubble into storage for the new plan.

Just to clarify my position (again). I do not want flats there, I want the council to look after our interests without repercussions; an ugly great heap, that loads of people have commented on in here, in other places, and to my face is a mighty repercussion. Especially when representatives from half the world will be near and in our town pretty soon. Only time will tell who is correct in their assessments and who isnít.

Terry, another unbiased, excellent post by the way.
boristhespie
Master Smokie

boristhespie

Arbroath, Scotland
1045 Posts
Last here:
06 Nov 2015
Posted - 27 Apr 2007 :  6:34:56 PM Show Profile Visit boristhespie's HomepageSend boristhespie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Yeah a hotel but NOT flats, his plan inluded a hotel BUT hey guess what it also included flats. Of course the fact that the hotel was only going to be open to guests was also another pisser.

You are right this is getting us nowhere, so adios muchachos, au revoir and auf weidersein, have anice life.

Booooooo!
boristhespie
Master Smokie

boristhespie

Arbroath, Scotland
1045 Posts
Last here:
06 Nov 2015
Posted - 28 Apr 2007 :  3:28:00 PM Show Profile Visit boristhespie's HomepageSend boristhespie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Sorry about that I was in a bad mood. Lol

Booooooo!
Planter
Master Smokie

Planter

USA
1266 Posts
Last here:
26 Dec 2015
Posted - 29 Apr 2007 :  4:20:14 PM Show Profile Visit Planter's HomepageSend Planter a Private Message Reply with Quote
kev_wired, sorry to see you go.

Planter

For, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
kev_wired
Haggis Supper (with extra sauce)

United Kingdom
126 Posts
Last here:
27 Jul 2007
Posted - 29 Apr 2007 :  4:59:48 PM Show Profile Visit kev_wired's HomepageSend kev_wired a Private Message Reply with Quote
I'm not going, just think the present argument has run its course. I'll be back when the next stage of events comes around.
boristhespie
Master Smokie

boristhespie

Arbroath, Scotland
1045 Posts
Last here:
06 Nov 2015
Posted - 30 Apr 2007 :  11:01:16 AM Show Profile Visit boristhespie's HomepageSend boristhespie a Private Message Reply with Quote
Good stuff.

Booooooo!
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 01 May 2007 :  10:30:30 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
In time to come shall it be :-
AND HERE ENDETH THE STORY!
or, shall it be :-
THE NEVERENDING STORY
Smokie1756
Senior Smokie

Smokie1756

Scotland
535 Posts
Last here:
31 May 2015
Posted - 19 May 2007 :  12:44:22 PM Show Profile Visit Smokie1756's HomepageSend Smokie1756 a Private Message Reply with Quote
NO ROOM AT THE INNS!

THE LOSS of hotel accommodation in Arbroath is having a bad effect on major events which rely on people coming from many miles away and staying for several days.
The Angus Accordion and Fiddle Festival, July 6 to 8, is certainly one such event, and organiser Ron Ramsay has asked us to appeal to anyone who might have accommodation available over that period to get in touch with him.

Mr Ramsay said that even the Travelodge at Monifieth is fully booked, with accordion and fiddle fans from as far away as Carlisle, Derby and the Isle of Lewis.

Earlier this week, Mr Ramsay spoke to six people who were reconciling themselves to the possibility that they may be unable to attend the festival if they cannot find accommodation. He added, "People who are getting wise to the situation are even booking a year ahead!"

Taken from The Herald website today. Does this look like further evidence that in Arbroath we DO need another hotel? Does this look like evidence that Arbroath will not be on the wish list of many events planners as a "must hold my event there?" Of course it does unless we get another hotel. It will get worse and it will seem to those many foreign tourists who will be there for The Open that the area is a backwater. What plans do the new council have for the redevelopment & reinstatement of another hotel on the site? It will be intersting to know form them their answer.

Smokie1756
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  9:33:14 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven

At the end of the day it is likely that someone from outside of Arbroath will make the decision as to the future of this site.

Steven

As we no longer hear from Steven ... ,, part of one of his posts from the past to scare you..
I think he always maintained that his development would go ahead, one way or other.. no matter if it is against feelings of Arbroath or against decisions by our Councillors.

Maybe our friend NZ may find out about any appeals to Scottish Exec or wherever else one goes to over-ride local objections???

terrymac
cicero
Haggis Supper

cicero

Arbroath, Scotland
91 Posts
Last here:
28 Dec 2018
Posted - 30 Oct 2018 :  7:35:49 PM Show Profile Visit cicero's HomepageSend cicero a Private Message Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what's happening at the Seaforth site,if anything.Seems to have gone all quiet.
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 13 Nov 2018 :  8:46:17 PM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cicero

Does anyone know what's happening at the Seaforth site,if anything.Seems to have gone all quiet.

I recently posted about this on Red Lichties Worldwide.. Moves afoot for a new Hotel..
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/angus-mearns/665202/marstons-hotel-and-restaurant-approved-for-arbroath-seaforth-site/

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
Page: of 11 Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.58 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *