Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube

Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Events
 Tartan Day
 Tartan day  
Author Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Jim-m
Senior Smokie

United Kingdom
481 Posts
Last here:
08 Jul 2012
Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  5:04:26 PM Show Profile Visit Jim-m's HomepageSend Jim-m a Private Message Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Weet Pent

I reckon Arbroath punches well above its weight when it comes to events and festivals over the course of a year. I think it'd be difficult to have something that doesn't duplicate an already existing fixture.

I agree totally, and the best thing about it is that it is often local folk themselves that put these things together.
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 07 Apr 2011 :  06:58:35 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
Tartan Day has come and gone in America/Canada.... A great day for Scots and their descendants to celebrate their heritage in "foreign" lands..
Just wondered how the "torchlit" walk from The Abbey to Dangerpoint last night turned out, Can anybody tell me?... It is the only thing I heard about that was happening for Tartan Day in Arbroath...

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
David
Master Smokie

David

Arbroath, Scotland
4396 Posts
Last here:
07 Jan 2018
Posted - 07 Apr 2011 :  11:26:49 PM Show ProfileSend David a Private Message Reply with Quote
Some piccys from the Courier - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Angus/article/12671/in-pictures-celebrating-the-declaration-of-arbroath.html tongue

David Spink
Terrymac
Master Smokie

Terrymac

United Kingdom
2440 Posts
Last here:
04 Jan 2019
Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  01:00:37 AM Show Profile Visit Terrymac's HomepageSend Terrymac a Private Message Reply with Quote
Great pictures and write up by The Courier.... I expected more people would have been there to celebrate....
Makes me wonder how many people in arbroath were aware of the day/evening event....
I beleve that you could have purchased a torch and joined the Torchlit Walk for just a quid!!

Terrymac
I have only one voice but I still strive to make a difference.
Page: of 2 Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2015 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.31 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *