Details of local visitor attractionsAll about ArbroathFamous people with an Arbroath connectionArbroath picture galleryA select of Arbroath videos from YouTube
†† ††
Welcome Guest! [ Login | Register ]
What's New! | Search | FAQ

You are currently viewing our site as a guest, to enjoy full access why not register a login, it's totally free!

Return to the front page TheShoppie.com
 Community
 Off Topic banter
 Good old Rock n' Roll  
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
376 Posts
Last here:
Today
Posted - 18 Jun 2018 :  6:17:55 PM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
Co-incidence as ever Flintstone, that you should resurrect Rock'n'Roll. Just finished listening (music to hoe weeds by) to a 3-CD set "Rockabilly - Rockin' Boogie Hits" - all original US recordings. "OLD" it certainly is but "GOOD" - afraid not, mostly mediocre. Perhaps about 4 of the 60 tracks would qualify as "good", despite including some very big names, including some early Roy Orbison . . . . dire (but it's all a matter of taste). Had to listen to some Elvis' Sun recordings to renew the faith. Rock On Wilma!
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 20 Jun 2018 :  09:37:05 AM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
Had problems with tíinternet all day yesterday, so couldnít fulfil my intention of a daily visit! Music truly is a great way of getting people to talk, and though I donít fully appreciate Rockabilly, a I know there a lot of good tracks out there. A recent visit to a charity shop saw me buy a 3 disc set of choons from the 50s. A lot of chestnuts but a lot of great tracks too. Also bought a 3 cd set of nat King Coleís best known songs. Now thatís what I call music! Like, as Sarah Kennedy used to say, warm treacle flowing!
BlastInAude
Wee Smokie

France
376 Posts
Last here:
Today
Posted - 21 Jun 2018 :  07:52:09 AM Show Profile Visit BlastInAude's HomepageSend BlastInAude a Private Message Reply with Quote
Music seems the only thing I can comment on these days (apart from Jim Zacs). I too have been looking through lots of old threads and just can't seem to find anything fresh to say - perhaps just too distant. You have been been doing well - more power to your elbow!
flintstone
Master Smokie

flintstone

1695 Posts
Last here:
2 days ago
Posted - 21 Jun 2018 :  5:28:03 PM Show ProfileSend flintstone a Private Message Reply with Quote
I have looked back over a few threads, and what is obvious is that there are the same problems in the town today as there were 9 years ago. I donít want to give up on our old pal yet. Will keep plodding on
Page: of 4Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic   Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TheShoppie.com
Contact Us (About Us)
Help us with our running costs - Donate Here
© TheShoppie.com 2003-2019 Go To Top Of Page
Generated for you in 0.39 secondsSnitz Forums 2000

(C)TheShoppie.com 1995-2013
* The images and text used on this site are copyright TheShoppie.com (unless noted otherwise) and may not be reproduced without written permission *